In Thailand it has been the Red Shirts (supporters of the Shinawatra family) against the Yellow Shirts (traditionalists).
- The Shinawatras keep winning elections.
- The first side to do the Soros-style colour code thing was the Yellows.
- That first yellow revolution was treated with kid gloves.
- The latter red revolution involved a good deal of violence from the police, military, and themselves (or so saith the police and the military).
They were clearly not media darlings and were broadly portrayed as troublemakers.
- The Shinawatras are parvenu. The yellows strike me as old school/bloodlines.
Whilst I stand to be swayed by the case for the yellows, I'm still given to thinking the reds have it.
best etc. etc.