Tuesday, January 03, 2012


Ronald Searle was Britain's greatest graphic artist

Ronald Searle (3 March 1920 – 30 December 2011) was best known as the creator of St Trinian's School.

http://ronaldsearle.blogspot.com/ has a post entitled Hullo clouds, hullo sky. . . and many other posts.



dognamedblue said...

being more of a scarfe fan from childhood I never really got into st trinian's but I always enjoyed searle's big fat cats, might be why I've got three of them :)

Anonymous said...

Hi aang

I really rate Searle. He was imprisoned with Russell Braddon and half of the Piddington's 'mind reading' act, famous in the fifties.

Somehow, within his work, you can tell he really loved females, and not in a pervy way. A sad loss but a great legacy.

Off topic but interesting:


J xx

aferrismoon said...

Molesworth I liked - all the illustrations were top-notch


A13 said...

I LOVE Ralph Steadman...
Hunter S Thompsons partner in creative illustraion ;)
GONZO style..

Cheers A13

Site Meter