Tuesday, March 22, 2011

COLTON BURPO

Colton.

Reportedly, four year-old Colton Burpo told his mother, Sonja, "Mommy, I have two sisters....You had a baby die in your tummy, didn't you?" (Meet the boy..)

On 21st March 2011 we read of the 'boy who went to heaven and met his sister and great granddad.'

In 2002, 4 year-old Colton Burpo almost died from a ruptured appendix.

While on the operating table, Colton, now 11, says he went to 'heaven'.

After Colton had recovered, he reportedly told his parents that he had met the sister his mother had miscarried a year before his own birth.

His parents had never spoken to him about her.

Colton reportedly described how he had seen his father praying for him.

Colton's father says that Colton: 'could tell me where I was praying - my own wife couldn't tell me that.'

Mr Burpo is a pastor of the Crossroads Wesleyan Church in Imperial.

Pastor Todd’s book, Heaven is for Real, is about his son's experience in Heaven.



~~

aangirfan: Life And Death Explained?

~~

8 comments:

John Friend said...

Very interesting story. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Anonymous said...

Aangirfan,

Are you "disappearing" comments?

If not, someone is.

I highly recommend you move to Wordpress.

Paul said...

Why do stories like this only seem to happen to Americans? I smell another ballon boy.

Anon said...

Comments are not usually disappeared. But I noticed yesterday evening that 'Blogger' showed 'no new comments' yet comments had appeared in my e-mail. I'll check 'spam' box.

- Aangirfan

Genie said...

So did the boy meet Jesus or God? I understood that Jesus talked to him, then the dad says he actually met God. The God. All the sufis and prophets who have ascended describe seeing only prophets, including Jesus. This as told by a sufi Christian I read from as well as others. None have seen God. It is said that God's light is so bright that none can look at Him. Even in heaven. The way I have read paradise (where Jesus would be) described by sufis and prophets, including the prophet Muhammed is kind of like the visuals in Avatar. As much as it can be described and as much as I can visualize it. Maybe the kid was so surrounded by angels he didn't see much else. But did he smell the perfume? The scent would have remained in his memory forever. So anyway I sure did not get anything out of this story...I guess we are suppose to buy the book.

Anon said...

I think it is possible that there are 'out of body experiences'. I have met reliable people who claim to have had them. Some scientists now believe that the 'mind' does not require the brain or body for its existence. Colton may well have had an out of body experience, but I am cautious about his description of 'heaven' which may have been coloured by his environment and upbringing and need to please those around him. If he had been brought up as an atheist or Budhist, his descriptions might have been different.

Cheers!

- Aangirfan

Anonymous said...

"Balloon boy" indeed. If the child had been Hindu, he would have seen Rama or Krishna; if he had been a Muslim, hed have told us about Allah and the holy paedophile prophet. And so on. I doubt this is "news" to be posted on such a serious forum. Talk about religion and its deceit...

C.

Anonymous said...

Yes, there is a real possibility of an existence after death. These types of NDEs are very common.

While very moving, let's get back to task in front of us, the reason we are all here: bringing justice to those murdered by the current crop of thugs and mass murderers running rough-shod over the planet.

If there is an after-life, we will receive our "attaboy" in the here-after :D

 
Site Meter