On 3 May 2007, a little girl called Madeleine McCann disappeared from her apartment at the Ocean Club complex, in the resort of Praia da Luz, in Portugal.
The Madeleine story has links to top people. (McCANN LINKS)
And, some would say that there has been a cover up.
On 14 May 2007, police searches began at Casa Liliana, a villa owned by Jennifer Murat, near the apartment where Madeleine disappeared.
Jennifer Murat's son Robert Murat was questioned at the main police station.
Robert Murat has dual British-Portuguese nationality.
Robert Murat and Angus Symington, son of the owner of the Ocean Club Complex. ("estate agent Angus Symington, 37, has almost identical hair, complexion, facial features, height and build and wears similar glasses." - Madeleine: Robert Murat has a double - mirror.co.uk)
At thesargeants, 25 October 2008, Blackwatch asked "Is Ocean Club Owner David Symington related to Robert Murat?"
Author Blackwatch made the following points:
1. It has been suggested that Robert Murat could be related to David Symington.
2. The Symington family appear to have links to some of the most senior figures in the British Establishment.
On 7 November 2010, in the Sunday Express, former Chief Inspector Goncalo Amaral, the man in charge of the Madeleine McCann investigation, claimed that the crucial CCTV footage at the Estrela da Luz was wiped in the days after Madeleine's disappearance.
Amaral wrote that the camera is likely to have shown the man that witnesses claim was carrying a child in his arms on the night of Madeleine's disappearance.
Who was the man?
Two sisters, Annie Wiltshire and Jayne Jensen, told police they saw Robert Murat outside Madeleine McCann's apartment about 10.30 on the night she vanished. (SISTERS TELL POLICE: WE SAW MURAT NEAR THE APARTMENT)
This means eight witnesses reportedly saw Murat near the apartment that night and 'blows to bits' Murat's alibi that he was at his mother's house the entire night Madeleiene went missing. (Madeleine McCann, Murat, Michaela and MI5)
According to a report in The Daily Mail, 17 May 2007, a "secret chamber" was found in Robert Murat's home. The hidden vault - 27 ft long by four and a-half feet high - is beneath the living room floor of Murat's villa.
Des Taylor, the British architect who built Casa Liliana in 1993, told the police of its existence. (Madeleine: Police swoop on Russian computer expert's flat the ...)
Murat's girlfriend Michaela Walczuch was named by the Mirror as the woman spotted bundling a child into a car two days after Maddy vanished. (Witness 'saw Murat's girlfriend with Madeleine')
"According to sources quoted in the newspaper 24 Horas, DNA samples found in Robert Murat's house were Madeleine's." (Madeleine's DNA was found in Murat's house, police claim the ...)
"Detectives say they can prove Madeleine McCann was at the home of official suspect Robert Murat. They claim traces of hair and body fluids found during one of three searches at his villa came from the missing four-year-old." (MADDIE DNA FOUND IN MURAT HOUSE)
Jane Tanner, a friend of the McCanns, insists that she did see Madeleine being kidnapped. ('I DID see Madeleine being abducted,' insists Tapas Nine friend
Irish 'tourist' Martin Smith claimed that, on the night Madeleine disappeared, he saw a man carrying a child.
On 26 May 2007, Martin Smith stated to the police "that it is not possible for him to recognise the individual in person or by photograph." (P.J. POLICE FILE TRANSLATIONS:MARTIN SMITH & FAMILY STATEMENTS)
However, Martin Smith said the man was not Robert Murat. (Missing Madeleine McCann: Irish Witness 'Clears' Murat.)
In September 2007, Martin Smith said the man seen carrying the child bore some resemblance to Gerry McCann. (statement made in September 2007)
The BBC reported that at the time of this reported sighting, shortly before 2200, Gerry McCann was sitting in the Ocean Club's tapas bar with other members of his party. (BBC NEWS UK Police files give McCanns 'hope')
According to the Belfast Telegraph, 7 May 2009, Smith told police "The man didn’t look like a tourist. I can’t explain why — it was probably from his clothes.' (Madeleine McCann's disappearance.)On 7 November 2010, The Sargeants Inn reported on Amaral, Wiped CCTV Footage, Oceanico and Cheshire and Irish Links.
Among the points made by The Sargeants Inn:
1. Madeleine witness Martin Smith and his family were staying at the Estrela da Luz complex on the night of May 3rd 2007 and gave their account of a man seen carrying a child some weeks later.
There are said to be tunnels running beneath the resort complex.
2. Martin Smith and his son Peter are from Drogheda in the Republic of Ireland, 30 miles north of Dublin.
Martin Smith visits Portugal at least three times every year, staying at an apartment he owns within the Estrela da Luz complex.
3. Peter, who was due to return to Ireland on Friday 4th May ahead of his father, says he only heard of the child's disappearance at the airport on the Friday morning.
He says he was told by an acquaintance of the family - the son of the builder of Estrela da Luz who was also leaving that day.
4. On the night of Madeleine's disappearance the Smith family had been drinking at Kelly's Bar.
In his first Police interview on May 26th 2007 Martin Smith mentions that he knows Robert Murat from previous visits.
5. Irishman Gerry Fagan, who co-owns the Estrela da Luz with his English business partner Simon Burgess (as part of the Oceanico Golf Holiday franchise), is also from Drogheda.
Drogheda is linked to the narcotics trade.
For example, in 2009, detectives seized cocaine with an estimated street value of €3.5 million in the town.
6. According to the Irish Press, Gerry Fagan's business partner, Simon Burgess is based in Northwich in Cheshire, the same county that McCann sponsor, Brian Kennedy is from (leading Hollie Greig sabre-rattlers, Robert Green and retired construction and waste disposal expert Paul Malpas are also from this area, Malpas only returning to his native Ireland in the last few years).
7. It is believed that Fagan and Burgess were introduced by an English Solicitor working out of nearby Almancil called Ronald Swyer (there was an alleged sighting of a child fitting Madeleine's description at the 'Dunas Douradas' complex in Almancil).
8. Documents obtained by the Irish Independent show that Mr Burgess has been disqualified from being a director in Britain from February 2003 until February 2008.
9. In 2009, Oceanico founder Gerry Fagan was vehemently denied rumours that the company was filing for bankruptcy.
Oceanico regularly run Golfing Events with the Associação Portuguesa de Seniores de Golfe, curated by Teresa Symington, whose husband Bob Symington is a member of the famous Symington Port and Wine dynasty and (I think) the brother of Oceab Club owner David Symington. Bob would also be Uncle to David's son, Angus Symington - the celebrated Robert Murat lookalike.
10. Bob Symington appears to have attended Oratory School in England between the years of 1944-49. Like John Henry Murat's Bradfield boarding school, this Roman Catholic Prep School is based in Reading, in Berkshire. Paul Symington - now Joint Managing Director of the Symington Estates and the eldest son of Michael Douglas Symington - was also schooled at the Oratory School prior to studying French at the Université de Neuchâtel in Switzerland.
Bob's long-time friend, Andrew Bull (who died in 2009), like Bob's nephew Johnny Symington, served with the British Embassy and the British Council in Portugal. The pair had met whilst boys at the Oporto British School.
Bull, also born in Oporto, was the son of a Director of Mackenzie & Co in the port wine trade. He began his teaching career at Tulse Hill, in South London (Murat father also lived in Tulse Hill for a time). He left to become Head of the History Department at a large Forces Comprehensive School in Germany. Bull recently retired as the chairman of the British Community Council of Lisbon.
The owners of the Estrela da Luz apartments now own the Vilamoura Golf Course that Daily Telegraph journalist, Martin Symington speaks so fondly of in his Algarve Reports. Oceanico often organise events at the nearby Palmares Golf Club - where Murat and girlfriend Michaela Walczuch met with business associates Jorge da Silva and his son on the day Madeleine went missing.
Oceanico is financially supported by the Anglo Irish Bank but Fagan and Burgess are also backed by a consortium of Irish-Americans in New York.
Terry Devey - the Dublin-based construction tycoon is also an investor.
In 2008 Republic of Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni took the international football team to stay at the Estrela da Luz apartments.
Another Portuguese golfing sponsor and construction millionaire, John Geraghty loaned the McCanns the use of his Praia da Luz apartment in the months immediately after Madeleine's disappearance, allowing the Leicester couple leave their infamous Renault Scenic in the garage. Geraghty is also allegd to have requested the keys to the church in Praia da Luz on behalf of the McCanns. Geraghty's father arrived in England from County Galway in Southern Ireland.
Sergey Malinka's partners at Island Expeditions, Stephen Hare and Grant Faulkner were directors of the 'Irish Legend Bar' and the Le Prieve nightclubs in Praia da Luz respectively.
Prior to his appointment to the McCann case, Goncalo Amaral was Head of the Portimao Drugs Squad.