After Israel invaded Lebanon, this Lebanese family ended up in a Refugee Camp in Beirut. United Nations Photo. Israel wants the water resources of the Litani river in Lebanon.
Are we being conned about an attack on Iran?
Is Lebanon the real target?
Israel Shamir, who may be a disinformation agent (ISRAEL SHAMIR IS A FAKE?), has views on the subject.
According to Israel Shamir: We should Fear Not
"The most likely interpretation for the sabre-rattling is that the Israelis plan yet another invasion of Lebanon, while hoping that Iran will be scared into immobility by the threat of an all-out war."
Israel would like part of Lebanon. (Website for this image)
At the New Zealand Herald, on 10 August 2010, Gwynn Dyer wrote: "Don't expect an attack against Iran"
Among the points made:
1. Until the 1930s, the United States had plans for the invasion of Canada.
But the USA did not invade Canada.
(It did infiltrate Canadian institutions - Aangirfan)
2. The United States cannot win a non-nuclear war with Iran.
3. The U.S. could 'win' by dropping hundreds of nuclear weapons on Iran, killing five to 10 million people.
4. In the 1990s, Richard Clarke, former counterterrorism adviser in the White House, revealed that the Clinton administration had considered a bombing campaign against Iran, but the military told them not to do it.
"After a long debate, the highest levels of the military could not forecast a way in which things would end favourably for the United States," he said.
Lebanon by BadrS. All Rights Reserved
5. Any halt to Iran's oil exports would raise the oil price sky high and seriously hurt industry.
Iran could block a large part of global oil exports by sinking tankers coming from Iraq, Saudi Arabia and the other Arab Gulf states.
6. Iran could supplying surface-to-air missiles to the Taliban in Afghanistan, and that would shut down the U.S. military effort there.
(The arrival of U.S.-supplied Stinger missiles in Afghanistan in the late 1980s drove Russian helicopters from the sky and doomed the Soviet intervention there.)
7. Iranian ballistic missiles could strike American bases in the Gulf.
Iran's Hezbollah allies could drop missiles on Israel.
8. If the US resorts to the nuclear option, pressure on it to stop the war would mount as the world's industries and transport ground to a halt.
The result would be an embarrassing retreat by the United States.
That was the outcome of all the war games the Pentagon played.
Mike Mullen knows it.
9. "It is all bluff. It always was."
Israel does not want Iran as part of its empire.
Israel Shamir (We should Fear Not) (ISRAEL SHAMIR IS A FAKE?) does not totally rule out an attack on Iran and adds the following:
"A confidante of Netanyahu, Ari Shavit, has told us that 'the Israeli leader applied hidden pressure to the American leader,' which made him fall on his knees and beg for mercy.
"The name of the 'hidden pressure' is a Jewish billionaire from Chicago Lester Crown, who 'made Obama' and supposedly retains full control over his creature, or alternatively, another Jewish Chicagoan Marty Nesbitt...
"After Iran, Syria would fall.
"After Syria, Saudi Arabia.
"It will be the classic domino game: Iran rejoiced when Iraq fell.
"The Saudis wish Iran to fall.
"Israel wants all of them to fall.
"This is inscribed in their Clean Break paper and its source, Oded Yinon’s paper, which they follow religiously...
"A few months after 9/11, Rand Corporation analyst Laurent Murawiec briefed Richard Perle’s Defence Policy Board, calling upon the US to break up Saudi Arabia.
"Its oil fields should be targeted and its financial assets seized, advised this neocon."
Shamir reminds us of his essay called Take your Money and Run
"The riches of the Arabian Peninsula hoodwink the Jews, being tantalisingly within the reach of IDF Merkaba tanks.
They have too many good reasons to undo Saudi Arabia.
- The Saudis have too much money, too much oil and too few friends.
- The elimination of all Saudi financial assets will invigorate the flabby Dow Jones average and strengthen the weakened dollar.
- This prosperous and well-armed country must be reduced before Israel takes its most important step, the seizure and destruction of the beautiful Umayyad Mosques in Jerusalem.
"With the destruction of Iran, the countdown for the takeover of Saudi Arabia would begin.
"In words of a neocon: 'Everyone wants to take out Tehran. But real mensch wants to take out ar-Riyadh'.
"Provided that no attack on Iran is possible without Saudi connivance, the 'irony of history' will be complete.
"The enemies of Israel will be taken out one after another, each with help of the next, still unsuspecting victim."