Mumbai suspect Ajmal Kasab claims he was framed by Israelis.
And by India's secret service (RAW).
Ajmal Kasab alleges that the TV footage recorded by a Pakistani channel GeoTV (which was shown in the special court) "was made at the behest of RAW and Israeli officials."
Kasab said he learnt this from some crime branch officials. (Kasab now claims RAW accused him of spying )
On 25 December 2010, The Washington Post reports that Mumbai suspect Ajmal Kasab "told the judge he came to Mumbai as a tourist and was arrested 20 days before the siege began.
"On the day the attacks started, Kasab said police took him from his cell because he resembled one of the gunmen.
"They then shot him to make it look as if he had been involved in the attacks and re-arrested him..." (Mumbai gunman demands trial by international court )
Ajmal Kasab claims that the the Indian secret service, RAW, took him into custody on 6 November 2008, and later handed him over to the Mumbai police.
The Mumbai attacks were on 26 November 2008. (Kasab claims RAW custody )
Kasab says he arrived from Pakistan by the Samjhauta Express and travelled to Mumbai as a tourist 20 days before the November 26, 2008, assault.
He said he was detained while strolling on Juhu beach and falsely implicated in the 26/11 case as he had facial similarities with one of the Mumbai attackers.
The 22-year-old today told the court: "I would like to consult the Pakistani authorities," including passport officials.
The judge rejected Kasab's plea for trial by an international court.
(Kasab now claims RAW accused him of spying)
Reportedly, India's spy service RAW, copying Israel's Mossad, kidnaps people in order to create patsies.
"The Daily Mail’s investigations indicate that RAW, for the past many years is following the policies of Israeli intelligence agency Mossaad...
"Mossad has managed to create many fake terrorists out of the innocent Palestinians and made them to confess the crimes they never committed.
"The Daily Mail’s finding indicate that these tactic were adopted by RAW in the late 90s and suddenly the number of Pakistanis, arrested in India with terror charges started increasing dramatically by the late 90s while Ajmal Kasab being the latest in the series." (The Daily Mail - from Pakistan)
Ajmal Kasab says that the American David Headley, who is alleged to be a CIA agent, interrogated him, with four whitemen, in his cell at the Mumbai police custody after he was captured. (Mumbai attacker Kasab retracts confession, claims meeting US terror suspect)
Kasab claims he was interrogated by FBI officials and that David Headley was one of them. (26/11 trial: Kasab was interrogated by Headley )
According to Ajmal Kasab, "The police have killed the main accused who resembles me and they told me that his name was Abu Ali."
"I am his look alike. His height and face resembles mine," Kasab said. (Kasav's U-turn, retracts 26/11 statement )
The Guardian has reported on the framing of innocent people in India.
In 2008, in The Guardian, we read:"It was after the 2001 parliament attack that the first serious questions began to be raised.
"A campaign by a group of lawyers and activists exposed how innocent people had been framed by the police and the press, how evidence was fabricated, how witnesses lied, how due process had been criminally violated at every stage of the investigation." (Arundhati Roy: Mumbai .)
The reports about Ajmal Amir are contradictory and confusing.
1. One moment we are told he stayed for several days at the Taj Hotel; the next moment we are told he got straight off a boat and started a killing spree.(NDTV.com: Terrorists stayed in room 630, had many visitors)
2. There are reports that he had bullet wounds and reports that he did not have bullet wounds.(No bullet hit Kasab, no active treatment on, says hospital's dean)
3. There are reports that one of his fellow gunmen was arrested at Cana Hospital and reports suggesting that nobody was arrested there.
(According to the BBC: "2120-2200: Gunmen raid the Cama and Albless Hospital ... One attacker is captured here." - (BBC NEWS South Asia Timeline: Mumbai under attack)
4. There are reports that Ajmal Amir speaks fluent English and reports that he is a rather illiterate and poorly educated criminal.
According to the BBC, "Indian officials originally portrayed him as a middle-class boy who spoke good English."But subsequent reports suggested he came from a remote village called Faridkot, where his father sold food."He had received little education, the reports said, and had spent his youth alternating between labouring and petty crime." (Profile: Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab)
5. We are told that 8 gunmen were arrested and then we are told that only Ajmal Amir was arrested.(“The Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh told Associated Press that two British-born Pakistanis were among the eight gunmen arrested by Indian authorities.” - Four Mumbai terrorists ‘had links with Britain’)
6. We are told that the gunmen at the railway station and elsewhere were white men and yet Ajmal Amir is reportedly from Pakistan. (BBC NEWS Mumbai attackers create 'killing zone' / Mumbai Attackers were 'Hindus' and 'White Men' )
7. We are told that the gunmen who shot Karkare spoke Marathi and then we are told that it was Ajmal Amir and his Pakistani friend who shot Karkare.
(The Marathi daily 'Maharashtra Times' said the terrorists who targeted Anti Terrorism Squad chief Hemant Karkare were speaking Marathi fluently. (i.e. they were not from Pakistan) Reportedly, traditional Jews from Mumbai, who have migrated to Israel, speak fluent Marathi and are known to have been recruited by Mossad.)