Politicians seem to be continually involved in 'sex scandals'.
And this may sometimes suit the bad guys who like to manipulate the politicians.
1. The USA's President James Buchanan, who was apparently gay, lived for many years with William Rufus King, an Alabama Senator. (David Rosen: America's Top 10 Sex Scandals)
In 1831, Abraham Lincoln met Billy Greene and they shared a bed. (Abraham Lincoln)
2. One of the latest scandals involves Republican Senator Paul Stanley, McKensie Morrison and nude photos.
3. Reportedly there is a list of top Indian politicians who use a certain sex ring.
On 28 July, 2009, the Chief Minister of Indian Kashmir, Omar Abdullah, resigned over allegations that he was involved in a sex trafficking and underage prostitution racket.
In 2006, in Kashmir, pornographic videos of underage girls were reportedly circulated throughout the region.
Since May 2009, Omar's government has faced protests over the rape and murder of two Muslim girls.
Their families have blamed the security forces for the crime.
:. The J&K Legislative Assembly or a Seedy Brothel?
. The Spectator recently told us about some political scandals in the UK, and we list some of these below.
Top 50 Political Scandals: Part One The Spectator Top 50 political scandals The Spectator
4. In 1998 we learnt about Derek Draper, an adviser to top UK politician Peter Mandelson.
Draper reportedly said: 'There are 17 people who matter - and to say that I am intimate with every one of them is the understatement of the century.'
Draper said: "I was interested in politics.
"And shagging… ideally, the two things together.
"Go to conference, pull the fittest girl from Labour students, make a speech. My idea of heaven."
5. In 1986, the Daily Star accused Jeffrey Archer, the UK Tory Party's deputy chairman, of paying £2,000 to Monica Coghlan, a prostitute.
6. In 1991, UK Prime Minister John Major successfully sued Scallywag and the New Statesman for suggesting that he had had an affair with the Downing Street cook.
Major launched a 'back to basics' campaign which encouraged support for traditional morality and the family.
Between 1984 and 1988, Major had an affair with Tory MP Edwina Currie. had been lovers.
Major claimed that his wife, Norma, had long known of his affair.
7. Robert Boothby had an affair with Prime Minister Harold Macmillan's wife and a gay affair with an East End gangster, Ronnie Kray.
Macmillan made Boothby a peer in 1958.
8. Jeremy Thorpe became leader of the UK Liberal party in 1967.
In 1961 Thorpe had met Norman Scott.
Scott claimed that Thorpe had sex with him, an act that was illegal at that time.
Allegedly, in 1975, an 'assassin' was hired to kill Scott.
The assassin killed Scott’s dog and was found guilty of firearms offences.
Thorpe was put on trial for conspiracy to murder but was found not guilty.
9. John Profumo was the UK's Secretary of State for War.
Lord Astor was a man who held sexy parties at Cliveden, his stately home.
Stephen Ward was an osteopath and procurer of girls for top people. He may or may not have been a spy for MI6 or the Russians or both.
One of Ward's friends was Christine Keeler.
Yevgeny Ivanov was a Russian naval officer and 'spy'.
Christine Keeler met John Profumo at Cliveden in 1961.
Christine had an affair with both Profumo and the Russian, Ivanov.
One night, a West Indian called Johnny Edgecombe arrived at Stephen Ward’s house and began shooting at the door.
Eventually, Stephen Ward was arrested and he then died in mysterious circumstances.
Before long, Harold Wilson, who had many connections to Israel, had become Prime Minister.
(Reportedly, Dr Stephen Ward had an MI5 controller, Keith Wagstaffe.
Reportedly, Sir Colin Coote, Editor of the Daily Telegraph and a former officer in MI6, was responsible for introducing Ward to Ivanov 'at the behest of his old service', MI6. - PROFUMO, John - Spy School Bios.
Reportedly, Ward and prostitute Ronna Ricardo came upon a paedophile ring run by Anthony Blunt. - Cached.
Mandy Rice-Davies was befriended by Stephen Ward and became involved in 'The Profumo Affair'.
Later she opened two night clubs in Israel called Mandy.-http://www.npg.org.uk/live/search/person.asp?LinkID=mp62873.
Mandy was the mistress of Peter Rachman, alleged by one source to be a Mossad agent.
Reportedly, J. Edgar Hoover was aware that 'the Ward circle included many extremely well known Americans and girls such as Suzy Chang and Mariella Novotny who had been bedded by President John F. Kennedy.' PROFUMO, John - Spy School Bios.
Who gained from the Profumo Affair? Harold Wilson became UK Prime Minister.
Anatoli Golitsin, a spy who defected from the KGB, claimed that Hugh Gaitskell was murdered in 1963 so that Harold Wilson, a 'KGB agent' and friend of Israel, could become leader of the Labour Party.)
10. By 2003, Mark Oaten had become the UK Liberal Democrat home affairs spokesman and he was tipped as a future party leader.
In 2004, the married Oaten began seeing a rent boy.
In 2006, Oaten attempted to become the leader of the the Liberal Democrat Party.
The News of the World told Oaten they knew about his rent boy, his three-in-a-bed romps and a ‘bizarre sex act too revolting to describe’.
(Coprophilia is "an abnormal, often obsessive interest in excrement, especially the use of feces for sexual excitement.")
11. In 1992, the Sun reported an affair that Paddy Ashdown, then leader of the Liberal Democrats, had had with his former secretary.
In his autobiography, Ashdown admitted that he lost his virginity to his maths tutor when he was aged 14.
(Reportedly, Ashdown was a spy for MI6. -Sir Paddy Ashdown Politics guardian.co.uk)
12. Ron Davies was a UK government minister.
In 1998 he was robbed after seeking gay sex with a stranger on Clapham Common in London.
13. In 1958, Ian Harvey was parliamentary undersecretary of state at the Foreign Office.
In 1958 he was found in the bushes in St James’s Park in london with a member of the Coldstream Guards.
14. David Blunkett was the UK Home Secretary, in charge of home affairs and MI5.
In 2004, it was revealed he was having an affair with a married woman, Kimberly Quinn, publisher of The Spectator, and that she was pregnant.
15. John Prescott was the UK's Deputy Prime Minister.
Prescott had had an affair with his diary secretary, Tracey Temple.
Tracey claimed that she and Prescott had sex in the office while civil servants carried on working outside the open door.
16. Cecil Parkinson, a married man, was a favourite of UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
Thatcher reportedly wanted him to become foreign secretary, the man in charge of MI6.
Parkinson's career suffered a setback after he confessed to Thatcher that his secretary Sara Keays was pregnant with his child.
17. It was revealed that UK government minister David Mellor had enjoyed free holidays thanks to the daughter of a PLO official.
It was then revealed that Mellor had had a relationship with Spanish actress Antonia de Sancha.
The former revelation most likely led to the disruption of Mellor's career.
18. Lord Lambton was parliamentary undersecretary of state at the UK's Ministry of Defence.
He was photographed in bed.
He was smoking a certain drug and he was with two call-girls.
19. Alan Clark was one of the UK government ministers involved in the 'arms to Iraq' affair.
He was cited in a divorce case in which he had sexual relations with the wife of a South African judge and both of her two daughters.
20. Robin Cook became UK Foreign Secretary in 1997, and thus was in charge of MI6.
(In 2005, he wrote in The Guardian newspaper that al Qaeda was simply the CIA list of the people who worked for the CIA in Afghanistan. Cached Robin Cook: The struggle against terrorism cannot be won by military means UK news.)
Within four months of becoming Foreign secretary, The News of the World revealed that the married Robin Cook had a mistress.