How does the economy work?
Reportedly, most baseballs are made in Haiti and they are made by American companies. The factory girls get 'starvation wages'. Reportedly they also get injured arms and eyes.
In Haiti, the Americans control the bauxite, sugar and sisal. It's like Cuba before Castro.
Reportedly, Walt Disney have contractors in Haiti who make Micky Mouse clothes. At one time the factory girls were getting 8 pence an hour. You can't live on that. Then Wal-mart sells the Pocahontas pyjamas for quite a few dollars. (Babylon)
Michel Chossudovsky, 9 November 2008, at Global Research, asks "Who are the Architects of Economic Collapse? Will an Obama Administration Reverse the Tide?"
Among the points made:
1. The October 2008 financial meltdown is the deliberate result of US government policy.
2. The "bailout" is the cause of further collapse. It widens the gap between rich and poor.
3. A handful of global financial institutions may end up controlling bankrupted banks and businesses.
Larry Summers, who is Jewish.
4. The people who caused the financial crisis, by deregulating the economy, include Lawrence Summers (Clinton era) and Paul Volker (Reagan era).
Summers, and his friends Volker, Geithner, Corzine, Fischer, Phil Gramm, Bernanke, Hank Paulson, Rubin and Greenspan have links to the Council on Foreign Relations and the Bilderberg group.
Obama may bring some of these people into his government.
4. Larry Summers was at the World Bank when the IMF-World Bank's 'economic medicine' brought poverty to millions in Russia and Eastern Europe.
Summers was at the US Treasury at the time when the 1997 Asian crisis brought misery to South Korea, Thailand and Indonesia.
Larry Summers is a protege of David Rockefeller.
Summers is managing director of a Hedge fund called the D.E. Shaw Group.
At the end of October 2008, the D. E. Shaw Group announced $7 billion in revenue, a 22 percent increase over the previous year.
Summers proposed the dumping of toxic waste in Third World countries.
Haiti © Rémi Kaupp, CC-BY-SA, Wikimedia Commons
5. In 1997, currency speculation by certain large financial institutions led to the collapse of the currencies of Thailand, Indonesia and South Korea.
Certain people made lots of money out of this manipulation of markets.
Larry Summers and Timothy Geithner were involved on behalf of the US Treasury in the 1997 bailout of South Korea.
South Korea 'was literally ransacked'.
6. 1999 legislation brought more deregulation to the USA. Summers, working with David Rockefeller, played a key roll in this.
The Globalization of Poverty and the New World Order
by Michel Chossudovsky
"In this new and expanded edition of Chossudovsky’s international best-seller, the author outlines the contours of a New World Order which feeds on human poverty and the destruction of the environment, generates social apartheid, encourages racism and ethnic strife and undermines the rights of women. The result as his detailed examples from all parts of the world show so convincingly, is a globalization of poverty...
"The author reviews the causes and consequences of famine in Sub-Saharan Africa, the dramatic meltdown of financial markets, the demise of State social programs and the devastation resulting from corporate downsizing and trade liberalisation."
Michel Chossudovsky is Professor of Economics at the University of Ottawa and Director of the Centre for Research on Globalization (CRG), which hosts the critically acclaimed website www.globalresearch.ca . He is a contributor to the Encyclopedia Britannica. His writings have been translated into more than 20 languages.
TO ORDER CLICK HERE