Around March 2008, Al-Zawahiri published a book on militant Islamic Web sites 'slamming his former radical colleagues in Egyptian prisons for disavowing armed struggle and turning their backs against violence.' (New book by top al-Qaida strategist rebuts jailed militants ...)
2. Some Islamists are thought to be manipulated by the CIA and its friends. Some are thought to be agents of the CIA and its friends.
"One of the centers of operation for al-Zawahiri was London, where one of his closest relatives resided? President Mubarak is believed to have referred to him when, after the Luxor massacre, he stated: 'There are people who carried out crimes and who were sentenced [in Egypt] and live on British soil.'"
Al-Zawahiri is suspected of being an agent of the CIA.
3. Ayman al-Zawahiri was born into an aristocratic Egyptian family in 1951.
His father, Mohammed al-Zawahiri, was a pharmacologist and a professor.
The family was "not overly pious," (Wright, The Looming Tower, p. 34.)
4. While Ayman al-Zawahiri was still at school, the president of Egypt was Gamal Nasser.
According to an article at Cooperativeresearch ( Context of 'October 1970-1981: After Nasser’s death, Sadat brings ... ), the USA and UK (and the US and UK oil and bank industries) did not like Nasser’s nationalist policies. MI6 and the CIA began plans to assassinate Nasser.
Egypt's Islamist Muslim Brotherhood also wanted to topple Nasser. Nasser outlawed the Muslim Brotherhood, which he denounced as a tool of Britain.
The CIA provided support for the Muslim Brotherhood because of “the Brotherhood’s commendable capability to overthrow Nasser.” [Baer, 2003, pp. 99; Dreyfuss, 2005, pp. 101-108] Saudi Arabia, an ally of the United States, gave money and and sanctuary to Muslim Brotherhood militants. [Dreyfuss, 2005, pp. 90-91, 126-131, 150]
Israel also preferred Islamists to nationalists.
David Shipler, a former New York Times reporter, said that 'he was told by the military governor of the Gaza Strip, Brigadier General Yitzhak Segev, that the Israeli government had financed the Islamic movement to couteract the PLO and the communists.' (Context of 'October 1970-1981: After Nasser’s death, Sadat brings ...)
According to Martha Kessler, a senior analyst for the CIA, 'we saw Israel cultivate Islam as a counterweight to Palestinian nationalism.' (Context of 'October 1970-1981: After Nasser’s death, Sadat brings ...)
5. Reportedly, at the age of 14, al-Zawahiri joined the Muslim Brotherhood (Ayman al-Zawahiri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), suspected by some of being a tool of the CIA and MI6. (aangirfan: The use of the Muslim Brotherhood by MI6 and the CIA in ...)
6. Nasser died 'of a heart attack' in 1970.
Nasser was succeeded by Anwar Sadat, a former member of the Muslim Brotherhood. Sadat had 'a close working relationship' with the CIA and Henry Kissinger. Sadat used the Muslim Brotherhood against the nationalist Nasserites. (Context of 'October 1970-1981: After Nasser’s death, Sadat brings ...)
7. Reportedly, al-Zawahiri became a fan of the Sayyid Qutb, who was a secular (non-religious) reformer in the 1930s, but who apparently became an Islamist in the 1950s and 1960s.
At Cairo University, Al-Zawahiri studied behavior, psychology and pharmacology graduating in 1974. Following that he served three years as a surgeon in the Egyptian Army.
8. In 1981, President Anwar Sadat was assassinated. Possibly the CIA had fallen out with him.
According to an article at 911truth.org ( Cached ):
"Joseph Trento, in his 2005 book, Prelude to Terror, interviewed former high-ranking CIA agents about this period in Egypt...
"Trento ... reports that Sadat's vice president Hosni Mubarak had been on the CIA payroll in the late 70s, and that he had been having his palms greased by a weapons delivery company called EATSCO — a CIA front/side company run by the notorious Edwin P. Wilson.
Al-Zawahiri was part of the Al-Jihad group which allegedly carried out the assassination.
Al-Zawahiri served a three year sentence in Egypt after he was found guilty in 1982 for conspiracy to murder in planning the assassination of Sadat.
9. Adel Darwish has written that, in 1986, according to an agent of one Gulf State Intelligence Service, al-Zawahiri moved to Peshawar in Pakistan 'where he was helped by the CIA to get arms, training and money for his followers to join the Mujahedine. ' According to the agent, the CIA were aware of who he was and his involvement in the assassination of President Sadat, but they gave him and his men new identities and new passports.' Reportedly, the story was confirmed by Egyptian intelligence sources. (Terrorism)
10. Al Zawahiri's terrorist career reportedly includes the massacre of 70 people on a tourist bus in 1997 Luxor, Egypt, and the assassination attempt against Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak in 1995. (Islamic fundamentalist link to British Fascists)
"Ayman al-Zawahiri, has been captured and jailed in Tehran, a leading Iranian newspaper reported yesterday.
"Zawahiri, the founder of the Egyptian Islamic Jihad, was arrested several days ago and has been imprisoned in the city's Evin jail, where political prisoners are usually held, the Hayat-e-Nou newspaper said.